Wythe Arts Council & Depot Designs
35th Anniversary Chautauqua Festival
The Wythe Arts Council is accepting logo submissions to be used for the 35th Anniversary Chautauqua Festival!
Get creative by showing us what the festival means to you, and your logo could be featured in print, on wythe-arts.org, social media, and festival merchandise.
The deadline for entries is 3:00 pm on Wednesday, February 6, 2019.
Logo Design Contest Official Rules
Please see below for the the official rules of the 35th Anniversary Chautauqua Festival Logo Design Contest, organized by the Wythe Arts Council. The object of this contest is to design a logo for the 35th Anniversary of the Chautauqua Festival. Information on how to enter and about the prizes is part of these Official Rules.
“Entry” means a logo design created by the Entrant for this contest.
“Entrant” means the individual that offers the Entry under the terms of this contest.
1. The contest is open only to individuals.
2. Entrants must be of legal age.
How to Enter
1. Initial entries must be submitted through this page or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The entries must be submitted as a .PDF, .JPG, .PNG, or .DOC. If possible, a copy in .EPS or .CDR format can be submitted along with the other copy.
2. The email must include the name, age, address, phone number, and email address of Entrant.
3. No more than 2 entries may be submitted by any one Entrant.
4. Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
5. The deadline for entries is 3:00 pm on Wednesday, February 6, 2019. We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in email.
6. There is no fee to enter the contest.
The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the 35th Anniversary of the Chautauqua Festival. The logo will may be used online, in print, and on merchandise. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as color. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
Entrants should ensure that their entries are not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images.
The winning design will be announced on the Wythe Arts Council Facebook page and the entrant will be contacted via email or phone call.
The winning designer will receive:
1. A $50 cash prize
2. A t-shirt featuring the logo
Judging and Selection of Winner
1. The winning design will be selected by members of the Wythe Arts Council and Depot Designs. Their decision will be final. No further correspondence shall be entered into.
2. Wythe Arts Council and Depot Designs reserves the right no to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
3. Wythe Arts Council and Depot Designs reserves the right to disqualify and Entrant or Entry at its sole discretions. No correspondence shall be entered into.
4. The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to Wythe Arts Council.
5. Accepting the prize constitutes permission for Wythe Arts Council to make public and otherwise use the winner’s name for publicity purposes.
1. All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
2. All entries will become the sole property of Wythe Arts Council and may be displayed publically on the Wythe Arts Council website and Facebook page.
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of the official rules. By participating in the contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these official rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and Wythe Arts Council in relation to the contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and Wythe Arts Council and relating to the contest.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions about the contest or for assistance with entry submission.